Monday, April 27, 2009

europa 2 - amsterdam 2

In Amsterdam the images are as varied as the landscape.
It is a variety of shape, color, comparison and contrast.
I viewed through my eyes some casual observances.



Cafe near Centraal Station, with Easter egg.










Typical Amsterdam houseboat. Deck is part patio, part garden.





These two shots of an excellent upholsterers workshop.
There will be more about her posted another time.
I am sure she could fix/make anything!







Houseboat, a barge/container apartment version.
The quayside has stairs. How unique.




Self-portrait with approaching boaters.



Same pair of elderly boaters out on the canal.





The renovations even reflected Easter.





Van Nelle's tobacco is quality.



Row houses of the past and present.




The fierce lion cub outside Rijksmuseum.





These mirrors and their perspectives fascinate me.




Bicycle shadows.




Somehow John mentioned Barbarossa
and I found myself inexplicably here.
I stumbled upon many things
quite a few friends would have liked in my wanderings.




No comments: