Sunday, January 29, 2006

the tri-state area, in the blink of an eye


Us Leos have to stick together, ya know?! Leigh Highbridge and me.
My first friend in New Haven and one of my favorite people on the planet.


Leigh's got a new guy named Sean. (I think we have a match).
He builds and sails boats, how cool is that?


A detail shot from Nelle's wonderful apartment.


Ah...some people get better and younger-looking
with a 'little' age and 'lots' of motherhood
(like my friend Tori!).


Colin CEO working his Blackberry. Well...Madonna has one!
Such a joy to see my friends making it happen.


The holistic, swedish, 'healing bombshell', relaxing at Tracy's
while we all chill in Connecticut.
Nelle and I are birds of a feather, the most inane
(and mundane) things just crack us up.


Tracy and Shelley, enjoying the 'Albert Show'
or is it the other way around?!
Tracy is 'the connector' of people, places, and things.
I value her friendship highly.
I kept trying to snap a guerrilla shot of her but she is wily one.


On to more serious matters. World Trade Center: Ground Zero.
Behind the word 'always' there are ventilation ducts
that were under the trade center.


Another view of the ducts, they have cleared away the debris
and are planning the foundation of the next project for this site.
This shot was taken from the World Trade Center 'PATH' train station
which used to be underground.
It was a shock for me to arrive on this train at an outside platform
and be actually beneath Ground Zero.
The screen mesh softens the view for tourists and family.
Otherwise it looks like any other construction site in any city in the world.

Inside the station is an aerial view of Ground Zero.
That huge area that looks like two ramps and a parking lot? That's it.

I found myself cleaning one of Nelle's many fantastic stones.


Back to Ground Zero. Long shot. As usual, this blog is mostly unedited.


Over to New Jersey, my Mom's friend Susan invited me, Peter, and my Mom
to dinner one night. She always plays the perfect hostess
and made a feast for the eyes and stomach.


Okay, back to Ground Zero.


Peter and I drove around the coast near my Mom's town.
I caught a flock of seagulls enjoying the milder than normal weather.


A local bait and ice shop at the dock, closed for winter. I just liked the building.


Susan. One of Jersey's best.


Peter and Mom in Atlantic City, New Year's Eve 2006.


What a winning smile! My Mom was always the best looking Mom.
Am I biased? You bet.


Ever since middle school days, we have been clowning around.


Glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly. Dale's works are world-renowned.


Peter Messina, one of my best friends from Brooklyn.


The AirTrain - JFK to Jamaica LIRR station. Fully automated and quick.

A shot of the AirTrain leaving the terminal.


The interior bathroom on my flight, supposedly a brand-new Boeing 777.


A closer look at the bathroom door reveals an ashtray.
Didn't anyone tell the engineers that smoking flights ended years ago? Unnerving.


The light of my life, my Mom, Mary Bernadette Theresa McGrory.
We missed one another greatly over the past two or three years.


Two days after Christmas I left Japan for NYC. I spent a lot of time with my mother, Mary, and saw friends in Connecticut. I also took in Atlantic City twice (didn't win) and saw Ground Zero. I didn't take as many pictures as you would think...I figured New York would always be there. And besides, as you saw, the people were more important. (This blog may be edited, so check back, but until I get a voice-dictation program, it might remain the same). In any event, I hope you have enjoyed the show! Be sure and write any comments you have on this blog.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo baby yo baby yo. Leigh & Sean miss Mr. Albert-aioli garlic mayo-san munichevski. Hoping your having a great time, Albert, and not minding at all that SOME DAY you'll return to Connect-the-dots. Be well, dude. Cheers. :)

Anonymous said...

Great to discover Your Blog..Posessalino...Posted my pic...We'll TALK...That's a Palm!!!
Thanks for the promo

CEO Colin